Nuffnang


Friday, 14 September 2012

Registration of Marriage, Penang

On the 9th of September 2012, Adam and I registered our marriage at Che Hoon Khor Moral Uplifting Society, Macalister Road Penang.

I got up at 6.30am and spent some time with family members, chatting over breakfast. It was a happy and exciting day for all of us.

Once my make-up session was done, I had a picture taken with little j, my nephew. He was wearing the bow tie I made for him.















I arrived at Che Hoon Khor before Adam did. However, the moment he arrived with 11 balloons in his hand, my heart was immediately warmed. Here is the man, that I am going to spend the rest of my life with, standing right in front of me :).





















We were then directed to an air-conditioned waiting area with  nice traditional chinese backdrop stage where we were allowed to take pictures as we wait. My nieces and nephew were all wearing the elephant corsages and brooches I made for them. Adam, my groom put on the brooch I made for him too.





















After handling the required documents to the two men in charge at the waiting room, we were asked to pay RM4 for the plastic cover to insert our marriage certificate later on. We were then told to pay another RM25 for the video of our registration, which we later found out, we actually have the option to not want it. I would appreciate if we were given a clearer explanation and not just asked to pay. After that, we were "reminded" to give donation.

When it was finally our turn, we proceeded to the room beside the waiting room where the registrar of marriages was waiting. Glad that the room is big enough to fit all our relatives present.

Madam Hor gave us a speech before asking us to read the vows.














We then signed the papers, exchange rings, kissed and announced as husband and wife :)



































We had a little celebration at the foyer, courtesy of my eldest brother-in-law before leaving for lunch.































Yeah!!! We are legally MARRIED!!! :)














Location: 360, Jalan Macalister, 10460 Penang, Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment